Cross-curricular and inter-disciplinary cultural learning is central to our secondary school and sixth form offer at all our venues including: Wolverhampton Art Gallery, Bantock House and Museum, Wolverhampton City Archives and Bilston Gallery. Our facilitated discussion groups and talks encourage critical thinking and debate. Artist master-classes in drawing, painting, sculpture and design are a great way to develop pupils technical skills and analytical ability. Teaching research skills using primary sources at the City Archives prepares pupils for University level education.
All of our sessions aim to raise aspiration and develop participants’ skills in:
- Critical thinking, communication and presentation skills through supporting active discussions
- Confidence and self-esteem through valuing individual contributions and responses to art work, museum objects and archive material
- Appreciation and awareness of different perspectives by challenging stereotypes and assumptions
- Creativity, problem-solving and technical ability by teaching artistic techniques, research methods and encouraging experimentation and ideas
- Self-management and good behaviour through explaining gallery rules and how museums, galleries and archives operate
- Free to SLA Schools*
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £148 for groups of 30 or fewer
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £296 for groups of 31 to 60 pupils
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £444 for groups of 61 to 90 pupils
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £592 for groups of 91 to 120 pupils
Our masterclasses cost £20 per pupil, with a minimum charge of £400.
Please contact the Learning team for further information by filling in this form.
*We offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) tailored to the needs of nursery, primary, secondary and SEN schools. SLA schools participate in outreach work, and receive advance notice for special projects and themed workshops. Please contact the Learning team for further information on 01902 552038 or email [email protected]