Cross-curricular cultural learning is central to our primary school offer at all our venues including: Wolverhampton Art Gallery, Bantock House and Museum, Wolverhampton City Archives and Bilston Gallery. We engage children in a variety of sessions linked to Art, Numeracy and Maths, Literacy and English, History, Geography, and Science. Our set sessions support the curriculum and can complement your work in school, so that you get the most out of your visit. We also focus on developing children’s skills in:
- Listening, thinking and speaking through facilitated discussions with children
- Confidence and self-esteem through valuing children’s opinions and inviting questions
- Creativity and problem-solving through encouraging imaginative thinking and practical making activities
- Good behaviour and teamwork by explaining gallery rules and supporting group work
You can see our available sessions for Key Stages 1 and 2 HERE.
- Free to SLA Schools*
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £148 for groups of 30 or fewer
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £296 for groups of 31 to 60 pupils
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £444 for groups of 61 to 90 pupils
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £592 for groups of 91 to 120 pupils
To book or for more information about our offer or for details about individual visits or sessions, please contact our Cultural Learning Team by filling in this form.
For an overview of all that we offer you can view our school programme leaflet here: https://www.wolverhamptonart.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Schools-leaflet-2019-FINAL-FOR-SCREEN-27.09.18.pdf
*We offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) tailored to the needs of nursery, primary, secondary and SEN schools. SLA schools participate in outreach work, and receive advance notice for special projects and themed workshops. Please contact our Cultural Learning Team on 01902 552038 or email [email protected]