Interactive and multi-sensory sessions are central to our special educational needs programme. We enable a variety of learning experiences for different abilities and learning needs through object handling, sensory multi-exhibitions, and specialist staff to guide your group. Our interactive and multi-sensory displays in Sensing Sculpture, and the Georgian and Victorian galleries, are ideal for SEN groups of all ages an ability levels. Please contact the learning staff to discuss your particular learning needs. Please book at least 2 months’ in advance of your visit so we can plan and develop sessions to suit your specific group.
We aim to support SEN students with developing:
- Listening, thinking and communication skills through engaging students in sessions to suit individual needs
- Confidence and self-esteem through encouraging and valuing learners’ responses to art works
- Creativity and problem-solving by tailoring making activities to different learning styles and abilities
- Aspiration to achieve by explaining our volunteering programme and how galleries, museums and archives work
- Free to SLA Schools*
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £135 for groups of 30 or fewer
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £265 for groups of 31 to 60 pupils
- We can also develop bespoke sessions for your group. This costs £150 for the development of the session in addition to the delivery charges as outlined above.
To book or for more information about our offer or for details about individual visits or sessions, please contact our Cultural Learning Team on 01902 552033 or email [email protected]
*We offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) tailored to the needs of nursery, primary, secondary and SEN schools. SLA schools participate in outreach work, and receive advance notice for special projects and themed workshops. Please contact our Learning and Community Engagement Manager, Tess Radcliffe, for further details on 01902 552033 or email [email protected]