Cross-curricular and inter-disciplinary cultural learning is central to our secondary school and sixth form offer at all our venues including: Wolverhampton Art Gallery, Bantock House and Museum, Wolverhampton City Archives, Bilston Gallery and Northycote Farm. Our facilitated discussion groups and talks encourage critical thinking and debate. Artist master-classes in drawing, painting, sculpture and design are a great way to develop pupils technical skills and analytical ability. Teaching research skills using primary sources at the City Archives prepares pupils for University level education.
All of our sessions aim to raise aspiration and develop participants’ skills in:
- Critical thinking, communication and presentation skills through supporting active discussions
- Confidence and self-esteem through valuing individual contributions and responses to art work, museum objects and archive material
- Appreciation and awareness of different perspectives by challenging stereotypes and assumptions
- Creativity, problem-solving and technical ability by teaching artistic techniques, research methods and encouraging experimentation and ideas
- Self-management and good behaviour through explaining gallery rules and how museums, galleries and archives operate
- Free to SLA Schools*
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £145 for groups of 30 or fewer
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £290 for groups of 31 to 60 pupils
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £435 for groups of 61 to 90 pupils
- Facilitated gallery/museum based sessions lasting 2 hours: £580 for groups of 91 to 120 pupils
Bespoke sessions and masterclasses
We can also develop bespoke sessions for your school or organisation. This costs £150 for the development of the session in addition to the delivery charges outlined above.
Our masterclasses cost £20 per pupil, with a minimum charge of £400.
Please contact the Learning team for further information on 01902 552033 or email [email protected]
*We offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) tailored to the needs of nursery, primary, secondary and SEN schools. SLA schools participate in outreach work, and receive advance notice for special projects and themed workshops. Please contact our Learning and Community Engagement Manager, Tess Radcliffe, for further details on 01902 552033 or email [email protected]