WAVE’s Learning Team offers a range of services for all ages, from under-fives to Further and Higher Education and beyond. From off the shelf options designed specifically to target particular areas of the curriculum, to bespoke activities for your special project, our expert, friendly, facilitators deliver inspiring, lively and creative sessions across the city.
We are known for our Pop and Northern Ireland Collections, also the Victorian and Georgian Galleries and our exciting programme of temporary exhibitions, and contemporary craft. We also have a geology collection, local history objects and even some ancient artefacts. We are able to show items from the collection that are not currently on display in our resource centre.
What we offer:
- Interactive sensory galleries where children can touch, smell and listen to art, craft and sculptural pieces.
- Stories based on our themes.
- Art and craft activities, including rag rugs and make a seat.
- Craftplay under-fives interactive learning space.
- Cross-curricular activities.
- Training sessions for practitioners and students.
- Facilitators to help you get the most out of your visit.
- Object handling sessions.
- Practical workshops themed around history, science, geography, art and literacy.
- In depth interactive talks around the themes in our exhibitions and collections.
- A diverse programme of exhibitions that support many curriculum areas.
- Historic tours covering local history, architecture and interiors.
For more information or to book a session please contact the learning and engagement team on 01902 552055 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learning and Community Engagement Team also specialise in arts, health and wellbeing – for more information on this area of work please contact us.